Always Ready Pest Control is fully licensed and insured to provide pest control services to businesses and homeowners throughout the Greater Manhattan, NY area. Our specialist diligently executes each of services to deliver superior results all the while maintaining a high moral standard and friendly customer service. In conjunction with Always Ready Pest Control talented technicians, we utilize exclusive professional graded equipment and products to ensure our customers are 100% satisfied and continue to rely on the expertise and efficiency of Always Ready Pest Control.
Among the pest control services Always Ready Pest Control contends with, flea control is just one of many. Fleas in New York are not just a nuisance, but they are also a health threat, spreading flea borne illnesses to their hosts and triggering allergic reactions from their saliva to the occasional few occasional people. There are quite a few flea species found all over the world, but the most common fleas in New York are the Cat Flea and the Dog Flea. Both fleas will choose domestic and wild animals as well as human hosts, but dog fleas are prone to the outdoor animals. Both of these fleas are generally about 1/12" long, frequently dark brown in color, do not have wings and have three pairs of legs.
Fleas are suspected when your cat or dog seems to have chronic itching, as they are constantly biting and scratching themselves. Their fur tends to roughen up and their skin appears red and irritated. Usually the pets experience the most infectious ailments, but in some rare instances, transmitting disease, bacteria or parasites from a previous host to another happens to humans as well.
- Treat your pet with your veterinarian recommended product as regularly as directed.
- If you believe your pet brought fleas into your home, wash all bedding, rugs, and material that your pet has frequent access to. Vacuum the floor surface, especially the areas wherever your pet lounges, and if they sit on the couch, is sure to treat your furniture for fleas.
- Use a flea comb whenever you groom your pet.
- When you bathe your pet use pet shampoo that is very effective at killing fleas and be sure to follow the labels instructions.
- Ensure that wild animals are not intruding in your home or surrounding areas by removing food and water sources. Seal off any holes, cracks, gaps and entry points to your home from top to bottom.
Flea can potentially lay eggs in the best of hiding places, like under the carpet of your home in Manhattan, NY and surrounding areas. If you discovered your pet has inadvertently brought fleas into your home, it is critical you enlist the aid of the professionals from Always Ready Pest Control. Our experts have advanced training and modern methods and techniques to ensure the fleas are completely eradicated. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and Always Ready Pest Control technicians will be there to perform our flea control service!